Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Remove space padding between header widget (my slideshow) & menu bar?

Old Mar 15, 2010, 04:07 PM
Athena account2

55 posts · Feb 2010
USA
Hi,

I think I've managed to look everywhere, but I can't seem to locate where to change the space/padding between my my header widget( my slideshow) & menu bar. There is a gap I'd like to remove if possible.
All newest ATO & WP, site vintagepreciousboutique.com
Thanks!

Last edited by Athena account2; Mar 15, 2010 at 04:09 PM. Reason: forgot versions using
Old Mar 15, 2010, 05:52 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I think that is caused by the styling for the slideshow, try reducing it's height
Old Mar 15, 2010, 06:48 PM
Athena account2

55 posts · Feb 2010
USA
Hi,
well I played around with it even making 20px high to see what would happened the space didn't change. when I temp tried different slideshow before the one I am using it did the same thing.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the gap you are seeing comes from two places, one is the widget bottom margin - this is set to a default of 15px to give spacing between widgets in the sidebars (see ATO->Style WIDGETS->Widget Container)

You don't want to change this because it will effect the sidebar styling, instead you need to add a CSS insert like this to shut it off for your widget area
HTML Code:
div.bfa_widget_area div.widget { margin-bottom: 0px;}
the second part of the spacing is being caused by the CSS for the slide show. You will need to look at this CSS to figure out what it is using for the padding/margin of the slide show.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 11:22 AM
Athena account2

55 posts · Feb 2010
USA
Hi,
Thanks I did enter that, but it didn't make any difference, I took out the space before the 1st { still no change. 15px gone would be great. I did fish around the css of the slideshow gallery the only padding in there that I can understand is for inside the gallery. The padding seems to be equal below and above the slideshow/widget plus what ever is there for the search box. hmmm.....
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:28 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
to see that this does effect things change the 0px to 50px and see what happens.

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 18, 2010 at 05:37 AM.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 06:03 AM
famecherry

5 posts · Feb 2011
Thank you very much for your pointer, I managed to fixed my gap with the code you provided after fussing with it for about 2 hours ! =)

The full code should look like this

Code:
%logo %pages %image %cats <?php bfa_widget_area('name=Header&cells=3&align_1=8&align_2=1&align_3=4&width_1=185&width_2=728&width_3=185&before_widget=<div.bfa_widget_area div.widget { margin-bottom: 0px;}>&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

Athena Account 2 I think the code not working for you coz you never wrap the code with the div thingy

You should put

Code:
&before_widget=<div.bfa_widget_area div.widget { margin-bottom: 0px;}>&after_widget=</div>'); ?>

As you can see, after adding the code to my page the gap isnt there anymore ! =) yay !

btw, this code that I put here creates 3 cells with the middle cell hosting a standard widget space of 728 ;-) Perfect for header banners, took me whole of yesterday night just to figure it out ! XD but oh well, now I know it already