Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Featured Content Showcase Plugin

Old Aug 3, 2010, 05:52 AM
mattf

5 posts · Apr 2010
Hi

I have got the Featured Content Showcase Plugin (http://xavisys.com/wordpress-plugins...tent-showcase/) working, BUT using the code they give, which is
Code:
if (function_exists('get_featured_content_showcase')) {
    echo get_featured_content_showcase();
}
I can only get it to appear on every page. I want the gallery to appear on just my frontpage.

paulae recently gave me some code on another thread to make a different plugin, 'Featured Gallery Plugin', work on just my font page:
Code:
<div align="center">
<?php if (is_front_page() && !is_paged() ) include (ABSPATH . '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
</div>
<br />
I have tried a version of that code with this new plugin but I can't get that to work.

Can anyone help? Sorry to be code illiterate.

I am using Wordpress 3+ and Atahualpa 3.5.3.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 06:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would look at the Front Page Slideshow plugin as that is what is meant for. You can set it to show on just the front page without getting into code. There are others but I am familiar with this one.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 07:30 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
Have you gotten Frontpage slideshow plugin to work? I really like it and it looks promising. I just posted this on the plugin's support forum but will share it here too:

The slide show is showing up on the static home page, but every time I try to make a change to the settings I get the following message, and it doesn't save the settings regardless of what I changed.

I reset the plugin and de-activated it, and re-activated it. All I did was change the categories. The categories do show up in the preview. Then, when I save the changes I get the message:

theme is using Atahualpa 3.5.3

"The options have NOT been updated.

The following values got to be corrected :

The slideshow background color
The slideshow border color
The font color
The buttons bar background color
The buttons' color (normal state)
The buttons' color (hover)
The buttons' color (current)
The main text background color"
Old Aug 4, 2010, 09:58 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Yes, I do have it working and have never seen those errors. The only issue I ran into is that I am using the shortcode and didn't think to grab the new shortcode after making configuration changes so I saw no change.

Have you tried disabling other plugins to see if there is a conflict?
Old Aug 4, 2010, 11:30 AM
lucy

60 posts · Aug 2009
Grayson County, TX
Yup! The culprit was IGIT Related Post With Thumb. Which is too bad because it's a nice little plugin.
Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2010, 06:11 PM
writeleft

41 posts · Oct 2009
U.S.
Isn't the "!is_paged" parameter of this unnecessary?

PHP Code:
<div align="center">
<?php if (is_front_page() && !is_paged() ) include (ABSPATH '/wp-content/plugins/featured-content-gallery/gallery.php'); ?>
</div>
<br />
Old Aug 5, 2010, 05:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
That code was to put the gallery on only the first page of the front page.

The front page is your landing page. If it is your blog, it can have many many posts. If you have limited the number of posts to be displayed on a page, then you get pagination. When you go to the NEXT PAGE it is still considered the 'front page'. By adding the '!is_paged()' (or in english 'is NOT paged') the images/plugin/gallery will only show of the first page of the front page.