Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Getting recognized by Google

Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:25 PM
cmagwood

2 posts · Jan 2010
Hi, I'm very new to building web sites. I've got a site up that I really like (thanks to lots of advice on this forum!). The site is getting traffic, but even after a few weeks, it doesn't show up on a Google search.
I've registered the site with Google and done their verification thing, but still nothing. What am I missing? The site is kind of pointless if no one can find it!

Thanks,

Chris
Old Jan 17, 2010, 04:39 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
IMHO getting traffic to a site is somewhat of a moving target. You do what the SEO experts say, write pithy content with great key words in the titles, etc. You set up links to a social networking accounts, etc, etc, etc. and then you wait. A few weeks doesn't really say much. If when you say it isn't showing up in a Google search you mean it isn't showing up in the top ten listings that doesn't mean a whole lot.

What words are you using for the search? Is this sight like many others with regards to content?

Bottom line I think getting people to your site is more about how you promote it than about hoping that people will "find" you in a Google search.

I wish you the best but unfortunately there is no magic answer. Just hard work and time.

Finally this forum is really geared for usage of the Atahalpa theme so an SEO centric forum may have more to offer.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 05:21 PM
seoguy

9 posts · Jan 2010
Definitely 3 weeks is not long enough for you to have any kind of competitive presence.
If it was that easy there weren't be any seo forums or so many seo consultants and i would be out of work

Keep trying to acquire inbound links and continue writing compelling content and articles, and you will get there, but it's not going to happen over night.