Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » Running WordPress » Installing & running WordPress »

URGENT: How to really delete post from Google cache

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Feb 26, 2010, 08:29 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
URGENT: How to really delete post from Google cache

We just got an urgent request from a fellow whose wedding announcement we published a year ago. Seems his job has suddenly become a security problem, and he needs to have web references to his photo, his wife's name and his location erased. We put the wedding post in the trash, but if you google his name, the cached version of the post still shows up. I went to Google's webmaster tools and found that if you put in a piece of meta code in the page's header, then Google will see that and uncache the page next time the bot visits our site.

The code is this:
Code:
<meta name="robots" content="noarchive">
. Obviously, I can't put that in our SEO info for the whole site, or our whole site would be removed from Google's cache. I can't figure out how to get this in the header for just this one post. Maybe some kind of conditional PHP in the theme options/HTML insert area?