Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Posts in sidebars

Old Feb 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Hello,
I develop in "localhost" a Wordpress site with Atahualpa theme using 4 columns.
I want to display my articles, categorized in different columns display the title, date and a thumbnail image.
I tried the widget Alkivia SidePost that meets my needs perfectly and fonctione very well but it is no longer "supported" for 2 years! What risks if I continue to use it? and what to replace it?

Configuration: WP 3.5.1-fr_FR; ATA 7.3.10; Wampserver 2.2 (Apache 2.2.22, PHP 5.4.3 My SQL 5.5.24)

Thank you in advance for your advice possible
Old Feb 24, 2013, 02:32 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Quote:
I tried the widget Alkivia SidePost that meets my needs perfectly and fonctione very well but it is no longer "supported" for 2 years! What risks if I continue to use it?
you risk it not working.
Quote:
and what to replace it?
I would guess that not enough people donated to make it worth the authors wile to maintain the plugin. I'd suggest starting to search the plugins and trying a bunch to see if you can fnd an adiquate replacement.

You have one other option. Use the plugin and fix any issues that occur with it. It does mean knowing PHP and alot of wordpress code. If you can't do it you could always hire someone to keep it maintained for you.
Old Feb 26, 2013, 07:00 AM
Fennec 88

7 posts · Dec 2011
France
Thank you for the quick response.
I'll get another widget that offers the same qualities