Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Highlighting search results

Old Apr 28, 2009, 09:08 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Send a message via Skype™ to perdox808
I would like to highlight the search results when people do a search on my blog.

1. I have tried Search Unleashed but I keep getting an error with it:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class Highlighter in /home/the49157/public_html/wp-content/plugins/search-unleashed/models/highlighter.php on line 7

2. So I kept looking and found this article:

http://weblogtoolscollection.com/arc...s-with-jquery/

The article makes the following note:

Quote:
3. Very Important: Next make sure you change “post-area” in the code (in step 2) to the HTML tag ID of the area you want your search terms highlighted. For example, if you do a view source on Weblog Tools Collection’s search result page, you will see that the results area is enclosed by the tag ‘<div id=”post-area”>’.
What does Atahualpa use for its results area?

Does anyone know if this is OK to use with Atahualpa? Has anyone tried it?

Thank you.

Last edited by perdox808; Apr 28, 2009 at 09:16 AM.
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:32 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
The content area has the id middle
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:40 PM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
So do you think it will be safe to do what the article describes, Flynn?
Old Apr 28, 2009, 12:55 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
I have not looked into the widget but as per the description you pasted it should work. I suggest that you simply try it out.
Old May 1, 2009, 06:38 AM
perdox808

51 posts · Apr 2009
Melbourne, Australia
Thanks for that Flynn. We can now mark this as solved. For the benefit of others, this is what I was doing that was preventing the highlighting.

In my theme setting, I had excerpts for Results. So the search would find the entry with my search term, but then when I clicked on the headline to see the entire entry, no highlighting.

I made the results page show full posts and voila! highlighting is there.