Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

Linking Parent item to 1st Child

Old Jul 29, 2009, 12:50 PM
arch14

9 posts · Jul 2009
Not sure if I'm using the proper terminology...

There's a setting in ATO that lets you not link first level parent items in the page menu bar. But is there a way to link the parent item to the highest level child item?

as an example - http://www.losultimate.com/test/wordpress/

Right now if you click on "Roster" nothing happens. This is fine, but it would be even better if it would default to going to the 2009 page if someone clicked on "Roster" (instead of forcing someone to hover and select "2009" from the drop down list).
Old Jul 31, 2009, 02:07 PM
msc3

7 posts · Jul 2009
I have the exact same question. I ended up using the "Page Links To" plugin to redirect to the child page. However this creates a few issues. I'm also using qTranslate to to provide content in different languages. The redirect link causes the site to revert back to the site's default language, since that is what the redirect link points to.

Also, I had wanted to list my subpages in alphabetical order and redirect to the 1st child page. That wouldn't be much of an issue, but when sorting in alphabetical order, the 1st child page in one language may not be the first in another. Thus, I had to go with a set order for the child pages.

If there is a good solution to this "redirection" that might also solve my multiple language issues. I'd be very happy to know.

Thanks,
Michael
Old Aug 13, 2009, 10:59 AM
arch14

9 posts · Jul 2009
any thoughts on this one? i've been poking around with it, but no luck yet.