Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

Ignore style settings for some widget areas

Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:09 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Hello,

Sorry if this has been asked/answered, I couldn't find it by searching...

Is there a simple way to set certain widget areas to ignore widget styling choices?

I want the styling set for the sidebar, but not for added areas on the header, footer and body.

Thanks!
Tom
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:27 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
CSS is 'cascading' so any HTML element that matches the CSS Selection will have the rules applied. If you want all the 'widgets' to have a background of 'red' you would use the 'widget' class
HTML Code:
.widget {background: #red;}
but if you wanted the widgets in teh footer to have a background of 'blue' you would have to have a more specific CSS Selector like this
HTML Code:
#footer .widget {background: blue;}
to get these CLASS's and ID's, you need to look at the generated source of the page.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 01:54 PM
Webmason

69 posts · Feb 2009
Minneapolis, MN USA
Excellent - Thank you!