Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] How to Center Layout

Old Sep 6, 2010, 12:12 PM
amacapugay

6 posts · Jul 2010
Sorry for the noob post, but I tried searching on the forums and couldn't come up with an answer. How do you center the entire layout? I tried adding "text-align: center;" to the Body and Layout style, but neither worked.

Thanks!
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Can you please post a URL to your site? By default the layout IS centered so I am not sure what you are referring to.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:47 AM
amacapugay

6 posts · Jul 2010
http://hvmac.dreamhosters.com - I just remembered that I copied over the settings from another site I created using Atahualpa a while back and I can't seem to find the post that told me how to left align the layout. I've been looking through all my layout and body style edits as well as the CSS inserts and can't seem to find where it is. Thanks in advance for any help.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 07:57 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
What version of Atahualpa? How did you copy over the settings?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 08:12 AM
amacapugay

6 posts · Jul 2010
WP 3.01, Atahualpa 3.53. I copied it over from another 3.53 site using ATO > Export/Import Settings, exporting from one site and importing into the other. The other site is http://www.hvwac.net
Old Sep 7, 2010, 06:01 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Could you attach a copy of those setting to a reply (use the paper clip icon)? I could then take a look at the setting and let you know what I find.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 12:10 AM
amacapugay

6 posts · Jul 2010
Here you go. Thanks again.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ata-hvmacdreamhosterscom-20100908.txt (24.2 KB, 1266 views)
Old Sep 8, 2010, 06:30 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
When I imported the style my layout did not center so I guessed the centering was changed in one of the theme files.

Take a look at css.php and see if you have something like the following. Yours will probably have a margin-left: 10px. Just change margin-left: 10px; to margin-left: auto;

Importing the style would not have done this so I am not sure what happened.

/*-------------------- WRAPPER for MIN / MAX width --------*/

div#wrapper {
text-align: center;
margin-left: auto;
margin-right: auto;
display: block;
Old Sep 8, 2010, 09:59 PM
amacapugay

6 posts · Jul 2010
Thank you very much! That was it.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 10:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
That's great... Looks good.

I have a question... If you put fixed at the end of your background line in ATO>Body, Text, & Links like the code below only the center column will scroll. I often like that effect for better readability but would like to get other's oppinions. Would you mind trying that and let me know what you think?

HTML Code:
background: #aaaaaa url("http://hvmac.dreamhosters.com/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/images/background.jpg") repeat-y center center fixed;
You should be able to just paste this code in place of what is there but copy the current code somewhere in case you don't like the effect.
Old Sep 10, 2010, 04:37 PM
amacapugay

6 posts · Jul 2010
Larry - I tried out your suggestion. While it took a little bit for me to get used to it, I like it better and decided to stick with it. Thanks for the suggestion and all the help.