Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » RSS, Feeds & Subscribing »

Newbie: email subscription to comments on individual posts?

Old Jul 20, 2010, 02:48 PM
reesecoli

4 posts · Jul 2010
I am wondering how you add the option for viewers to subscribe via email to comments from an individual post? It looks like it would go in:

Posts and Pages
Edit POSTS/PAGES info items
Footer: Single Post Pages

But no code is provided there - can someone give me the right code so I can stick it in?

THANKS!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 07:23 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That's not a quick answer as there are many solutions for subscribing. When I use that function I use Feedburner. Then you could use the BFA subscribe widget or some of the many plugins available. Your best bet is to create a Feedburner account and then do a search on WordPress.org for comment subscription plugins then experiment, experiment, experiment
Old Jul 21, 2010, 03:43 PM
reesecoli

4 posts · Jul 2010
great! thanks! I have a feedburner account and found the plugin I want. Now how do I upload the plugin to wp-content/plugins? I have Filezilla - but have obviously never used it before. Specifically what do I enter for
host: justhost.com???
username: I am assuming this is my justhost.com username
password: I am assuming this is my justhost.com password
port: I am assuming this should be "21"
Thanks again!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 04:22 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can install the plugin via the WordPress Dashboard under plugins. JustHost should have sent you ftp settings for your ftp client and FileZilla should have instructions on how to add a site.