Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

[SOLVED] Child pages font size and styling - browser issue?

Old Jul 8, 2009, 06:54 PM
neska0209

9 posts · Jul 2009
What a great theme and forum!

I have two questions about this site that I'm working on:

1) I followed these instructions for changing the font size of child pages/subpages drop-down menus. However, this only seems to display correctly in Chrome. The font size still shows large in FF and IE8. Any ideas on how to fix this?

2) I'd like some way for the child pages to be differentiated sytle-wise on each line. So, for instance, under "Programs," the text for "Sports Skills" might be black and "Gymnastics" might be gray. OR, is there a way to add a dividing line between sub-page items but NOT to the main page menu bar? Hope that makes sense

Thanks for any help!
Old Jul 13, 2009, 08:29 PM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
Those instructions were meant for lists in sidebars, not the menu bars. This is the default setting for the page menu bar. For the category menu bar use div#menu2 instead:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li a:active {
color:#777777;
font-family:Arial,Verdana,sans-serif;
font-size:11px;
font-weight:normal;line-height:normal;
padding:4px 5px;
text-decoration:none;
text-transform:uppercase;
}

To style Subpages:

div#menu1 ul.rMenu li ul li a:link,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li ul li a:hover,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li ul li a:visited,
div#menu1 ul.rMenu li ul li a:active {
color:#777777;
font-family:Arial,Verdana,sans-serif;
font-size:11px;
font-weight:normal;line-height:normal;
padding:4px 5px;
text-decoration:none;
text-transform:uppercase;
}
Old Jul 14, 2009, 08:13 AM
neska0209

9 posts · Jul 2009
Aha, perfect! Thank you so much Exactly what I was looking for.