Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Reverse post order (oldest first) without affecting static homepage

Old Jan 22, 2011, 07:10 AM
tomsimone

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hello,

Really hope someone can help me with this...

I want to reverse the order of the posts on my posts page.

I've tried this solution:
In your index.php file, look for this bit of code:

<?php if(have_posts()) : ?><?php while(have_posts()) : the_post(); ?>

Right before that line, add this code:

<?php query_posts($query_string . "&order=ASC") ?>
I also tried putting this line of code in ATO>center column>above loop.

The problem is that the static homepage starts displaying posts as well, rather than the static text I want it to.

Please could someone help me out with this?

Many thanks,

Tom
Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:40 AM
tomsimone

4 posts · Jan 2011
Any help much appreciated.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 09:56 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I wouldn't mess with the index.php file. You might want to try this plugin http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/...ting-reloaded/
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:04 PM
tomsimone

4 posts · Jan 2011
Hey, thanks so much for that link, I'd tried a few other plugins but was left frustrated.

With Post Sorting Reloaded the interface is very easy to understand with links to lots of documentation.

At first I tried is_MyCategory() as Condition 1 sorted by post_date ASC , but this made the whole site fail to load.

I then changed Codition 1 to is_home() for no good reason, and this worked.

These terms are obvious when you start using the plugin and I include what I did here in case it works for anyone else. I don't know the first thing about php.

Thanks again Larry.
Old Jan 22, 2011, 03:41 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can also check here for the syntax for conditional tags. For instance if you wanted to sort the archive page for a category with an ID of 23 you would use the following.
HTML Code:
is_category('23')