Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

After Atahualpa upgrade 3.4.6 to 3.5.1: Atahualpa option page problem

Old Jun 5, 2010, 10:37 AM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
Hi,
my problem is that after Atahualpa upgrade 3.4.6 to 3.5.1 the theme option page don't load.
I make the update with ftp. the version of php is 5.2.13.

I noticed that when i go in theme option, it insert always the record '^bfa_ata4' in wp-option table.

have you any idea for resolve my problem?

Thanks

Old Jun 5, 2010, 11:51 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Since it doesn't appear you can get to the Export/Import setting to hit the button that deletes the old bfa_ata4 file you may have to go into your PHP manager to delete it manually. If you have never been in the PHP manager maybe you want to find someone who could do that for you and make sure you search the forums for directions on how to delete the record.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 12:25 PM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
thanks lmilesw for your reply.

i run from phpmyadmin this query:

DELETE FROM `wp_options` WHERE option_name REGEXP '^bfa_ata4'

but just i visit my site, the record is inserted again. this is normal?

I also noticed something else missing in the new custom fields ata article title of the new post. Although this is normal?

Last edited by Haser; Jun 5, 2010 at 12:29 PM.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 02:15 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Yes... That file is recreated. It was just giving some problems. So are you able to go into the options now? As for the item you say is missing. I think your are talking about the Atahualpa Post Options. This is now optional. If you go to the Atahualpa SEO settings at the very top you will see where you can turn that on.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 07:34 PM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
Unfortunately unable to go to Atahualpa option!!
Old Jun 5, 2010, 07:46 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
So all you see is the reset theme options button no matter what section you are in? When you upgraded did you install the theme in a different folder or use the automatic upgrade feature of WordPress? Does the rest of your WordPress dashboard work OK? One possibility is that there is a plugin conflict. You might want to try temporarily disabling all the plugins to see if your options come back. Then you could start adding them back one by one to see which is the problem if that did bring back the options. I hope my English is clear to you. Below is a translated copy into Italian.

In modo che tutto ciò che si vede è il pulsante reset tema opzioni non importa quale sezione sei in? Quando si esegue l'aggiornamento ha fatto è installare il tema in una cartella diversa o utilizzare la funzione di aggiornamento automatica di WordPress? Il resto del tuo cruscotto WordPress funziona OK? Una possibilità è che c'è un conflitto di plugin. Si potrebbe voler provare temporaneamente disattivare tutti i plugin per vedere se le opzioni di tornare. Quindi si potrebbe iniziare ad aggiungere che uno nuovo per vedere quale è il problema se che ha fatto riportare le opzioni. Spero che il mio inglese è chiaro a voi. Di seguito è una copia tradotta in italiano
Old Jun 5, 2010, 08:38 PM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
Quote:
So all you see is the reset theme options button no matter what section you are in?
Other section are disable, when i make click an any, i come back top. it like the picture that I posted.

Quote:
When you upgraded did you install the theme in a different folder or use the automatic upgrade feature of WordPress?
i have make with ftp, unzip the file and put folder atahualpa351.

Quote:
Does the rest of your WordPress dashboard work OK? One possibility is that there is a plugin conflict. You might want to try temporarily disabling all the plugins to see if your options come back. Then you could start adding them back one by one to see which is the problem if that did bring back the options.
My WordPress dashboard is ok, I already tried to disable all plugins, but the problem remained.
Old Jun 5, 2010, 08:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I don't know Haser... I've never seen this before and you have done all the steps I can think of. Fortunately the site is viewable. Maybe someone else can jump in here that has seen this or has an idea. Juggledad, Flynn, anyone...
Old Jun 6, 2010, 04:46 AM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
lmilesw many thanks for your help!!
Old Jun 6, 2010, 05:22 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you swap back to 3.4.6, do the theme options work?
with 3.5.1 active, disable all your plugins and see if it works
Old Jun 6, 2010, 06:30 AM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
Hi juggledad,

the option of 3.4.6 work correctly.
Whit version 3.5.1 i tried to disable all plugins, but the problem remains.

i have noted that with version 3.5.1 in php errors i have many error like this :

[Sun Jun 06 14:15:40 2010] [crit] [client 95.75.195.6] (13)Permission denied: /home/data/c0101734/public_html/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/icons/.htaccess pcfg_openfile: unable to check htaccess file, ensure it is readable

With 3.4.6 i haven't php error in cpanel.

It could be this the problem?

In the folder atahualpa351 i have set 755 permissions.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 07:51 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
You shouldn't have an .htaccess file in your icons folder. Maybe the installation got corrupted somehow. You could try totally deleting the 3.5.1 folder, download a fresh copy, and upload it again, unzipped, instead of doing the zip file installation via the dashboard.
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:25 AM
Haser

9 posts · Feb 2009
Many thanks paulae!!! Now work apparently correctly.

The activities that I make are:

Rewrite my .htaccess. (it not convinced me, i have create new file and rename old. content is the same for both)

i have remove the directory atahualpa351 previously loaded with ftp and installed new theme with the wordpress function.

Now Atahualpa 3.5.1 work

The first plugin problem is ozh-admin-drop-down-menu. With this plugin active, the layout of the page Atahualpa option is messy.

Now unfortunately I can not do other tests, my hosting service has problems with .htaccess file!!! Maybe all my problems are due to their

Many thanks at all for your support
Old Jun 6, 2010, 10:37 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Are you able to modify your .htaccess file? You could copy it and save it, but try editing the one on the live site, to show just this:

Code:
# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress
Or ask your hosting company if that version would work for your site.

Disable or delete that drop-down plugin. I had trouble with that one too.