Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Giving widget a background

Old Aug 2, 2012, 12:35 AM
tijsco

7 posts · Aug 2012
On my website I have a new widget area in the header. In this area I've put a custom menu (shows a certain menu, depending on which page you are).
I've given the custom menu a class for the ul element which forms the menu, and I'm able to style this with css-inserts - works like a charm!
The ul is wrapped in a div, and I've given this div an ID. I'm trying to style this container with css-inserts, but it doesn't work! What am I doing wrong!?

I'm using WordPress 3.4.1 + Atahualpa 3.7.7

This is the generated code:

<div id="sub-menu-top" class="bfa_widget_area">
<div id="advanced_menu-2" class="widget widget_advanced_menu">
<div id="bam" class="menu-actueel-container">
<ul id="menu-actueel" class="offermenu">
<li id="menu-item-40" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-40"><a href="http://localhost/?page_id=7">agenda</a></li>
<li id="menu-item-43" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-43"><a href="http://localhost/?page_id=9">nieuws</a></li>
<li id="menu-item-42" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-42"><a href="http://localhost/?page_id=11">in voorbereiding</a></li>
<li id="menu-item-41" class="menu-item menu-item-type-post_type menu-item-object-page menu-item-41"><a href="http://localhost/?page_id=15">contact</a></li>
</ul>
</div>
</div>
</div>
Old Aug 2, 2012, 01:54 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is the CSS
Old Aug 2, 2012, 02:17 AM
tijsco

7 posts · Aug 2012
This is what I use for the ul + li :

.offermenu ul
{
list-style-type:none;
margin:0;
padding:0;
}

.offermenu li
{
display:inline;
float:left;
}

I've tried styling alle the div id's (sub-menu-top, advanced_menu-2, bam), but none of them changed anything. Giving the Widget Container a background with ATO > Style WIDGETS doesn't work either.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 02:50 AM
tijsco

7 posts · Aug 2012
Ok, I've found a way to work around it. I've written some javascript to change the class of an ID and implemented in a way which workls for me.
But still it's strange it's not possible to style a div with css-inserts.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 03:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
I have no problem applying a background color to a new widget area n the header that is using a custom menu. You probably have a syntax error, but not seeing the CSS you tried t use, I couldn't tell you what is wrong.
Old Aug 3, 2012, 03:23 AM
tijsco

7 posts · Aug 2012
I checked my css again. It lookes good. I'm able to style it just the way I want, except for the background... But I've found a way to work around it, so this thread can be closed. Thanks for the quick reply Juggledad!