Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Adding contact info to right side of header

Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:22 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Send a message via Skype™ to ssoszka
Adding contact info to right side of header

Hello,

I couldn't find details for specific site goal, so I'm adding yet another thread. Sorry guys.

Anyway, I'm trying to add my business's contact number and a simple mission statement phrase to the far side of the header. Ideas?

I tried adding a widget but I didn't know where to put it. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shawn
Old Jan 24, 2011, 07:30 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You could add a two celled widget area to ATO>Style & edit header area and put the the header in a widget in one cell and the contact info in the other. You could also add the contact info in a div before %image and position with CSS. These ideas are easier to do than explain however. Did what I say make sense?
Old Jan 26, 2011, 01:35 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
You could add a two celled widget area to ATO>Style & edit header area and put the the header in a widget in one cell and the contact info in the other. You could also add the contact info in a div before %image and position with CSS. These ideas are easier to do than explain however. Did what I say make sense?
I like the div idea, what would that look like code-wise HTML & CSS?

Thanks,
Shawn
Old Jan 26, 2011, 02:09 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
It's just adding a div with the content you want perhaps with a class so you can style. For example
HTML Code:
<div class="contactmission">Contact and mission info here</div>
Then you would style it using the contactmission class selector.
Old Jan 31, 2011, 04:56 PM
ssoszka

75 posts · Apr 2009
Oregon, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmilesw
It's just adding a div with the content you want perhaps with a class so you can style. For example
HTML Code:
<div class="contactmission">Contact and mission info here</div>
Then you would style it using the contactmission class selector.
Thanks for the info. In my case, I'm just using %logo %pages in my header, so I assume the <div> would go between these two elements?

Also I'm not so fluent with CSS, so how would you suggest formatting the spacing of the text. Right now without any formatting its sitting between the logo and page menu.

Thanks,
Shawn
Old Jan 31, 2011, 05:38 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
CSS isn't too complicated. w3schools.com has a great section for learning CSS with interactive areas. If you used the code I gave you earlier then you would put something like the following in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts
HTML Code:
.contactmission {
width: 100px;
padding: 20px;
font-size: 14px;
}
The items I put in there are purely arbitrary. You need to determine what you want to do with the text and them use the proper CSS. This just shows you what is would sort of look like.