Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

Atahualpa and iPad

Old Apr 3, 2010, 05:53 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
No, I don't have an iPad yet, and I'm not sure I'll get one for a while. But I was wondering if Flynn has any plans to help us make our site iPad-friendly, both for Atahualpa and Themeframe. See this:
http://developer.apple.com/safari/li...10/tn2262.html

It looks like using CSS fixed positioning is not going to be a good idea for viewing a site with the iPad.
Old Apr 3, 2010, 07:35 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Well I can't tell you how it works...yet (my iPad is on a UPS truck heading my way!!) I did look at the referenced site and there is no 'position: fixed' in the CSS

I'll report later in teh day of my experience
Old Apr 3, 2010, 02:03 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Your site looks great on the iPad, check out the attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo14.jpg
Views:	1163
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	452

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo15.jpg
Views:	1113
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	453
Old Apr 3, 2010, 02:07 PM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Woo! Really super! Thank you, JD. I was going to wait for Generation 2, but I may not be able to. So tell us more. What apps do you have for it? Tried any books or magazines?
Old Apr 3, 2010, 03:16 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
It is sweet, it's not a development device, but so what. the books look incredible - it comes with Winnie the Pooh and it looks like the original. I popped a movie on it, and it looks great. photos are stunning. my wife looking over my shoulder said "Ok, we don't need a flat screen tv"

Then she said she may not wait a year to get one.

the keyboard works great and I've got big hands and the apps look great. I may have to get one of these for my mother!!!

Email works great and I bought Pages, emailed myself a Pages doc from my Mac and it works great.

Even the sound is good!! OK, I'm going back to play now!
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:22 AM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Okay! I keep hearing that Apple is not permitting Flash to operate on the iPad.

HOW exactly does that effect your user experience??

I keep thinking that my first/top urgent use for an iPad (or for one of the iPad-like devices coming soon maybe running an MS OS or Google Android) would be to be able to have an easily accessed list of my orders which I could take out to the woodshop. The "atmosphere" in the shop is way too unfriendly for a laptop. For years I've used a succession of Palm Pilots (currently a Palm Centro "smart phone") to meet this need. I imagine I'd have at least a neoprene sleeve to protect the iPad when not in actual use.

Does that sound like a possible application?
Old Apr 9, 2010, 07:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
I think that might be a perfect application for it. with the screen view area a 7 3/4 x 5 1/2 rectangle
I find it quite readable.

If you tell me what site/ where I could look at the orders and I'll take a look
Old Apr 11, 2010, 01:26 PM
Shepherd Jim

301 posts · Feb 2009
Bristol, midcoast Maine USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
I think that might be a perfect application for it. ...<snip>...

If you tell me what site/ where I could look at the orders and I'll take a look
No, the orders aren't online, they're in a database on my computer. And, then I synch my smartphone with the computer.

Now, in order for the iPad to access my orders AFTER (IF) I moved them to "the cloud", I'd have to some sort of wireless access in my shop, correct?

Geez, it starts to get complicated!
Old Apr 11, 2010, 03:05 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Or just print the orders to a PDF, email the PDF to yourself and get your mail on the iPad then take the iPad to the shop and read the email message open the attachment and you have it.