Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Display full post instead of excerpt (read the old posts and it didn't work

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:31 AM
mrgoodm

2 posts · Jan 2013
[SOLVED] Display full post instead of excerpt (read the old posts and it didn't work

Hey guys, first off I LOVE this theme. It's the most customizable WP theme I have ever seen!!

I am trying to display full posts on my main page instead of the excerpts and this is what I have done per Robin Denning's post that was marked as solved.

1. I changed <?php bfa_excerpt( 55, ' ...' ); ?> to <?php get_content(); ?> in the postformat.php file and left the bfa_thumb line as default

2. I edited line 35 on the parse_php line to if (is_single() AND have_posts()) and also tried the patch code if ((is_single() OR is_page()) AND have_posts())

When I make these changes the body of the post is not displayed and I only get the date, title, tags and read more link.

So sorry to post this, I was hoping to solve my own problem by reading the old post.

My site is on an internal testing server, so I can't share the link...but I am going after exactly what http://alittlesewing.com/ looks like for the posts on my main page.