Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

NOTE: 3.4.8 theme settings not backward compatible

Old May 8, 2010, 11:03 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Version 3.4.8 has made a fundamental change in the way Atahualpa is storing the options in the database. All the options are stored as one row which shuld speed up database access. This new row will be created the first time you activate 3.4.8.

HOWEVER - This means that changes in 3.4.8 will not be reflected if you swap back to a prior release. If you do swap back and make a change then re-activate 3.4.8 the changes made using the prior version will NOT show up (since the single options row was previously created.)

So to recap, once you activate 3.4.8 a copy of your existing options will be stored in one row of the database. From that point on, theme version switching and option changing will be independent and the changes will not be refelected in the other release.
Old May 8, 2010, 11:44 AM
paulae

1,333 posts · Feb 2009
Wordpress 3.4.1, Atahualpa 3.7.7
Understood. For that reason, I'm going to hold off switching to 3.4.8 or later for my main sites until all features are stable.