Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

[SOLVED] Parse error in functions.php after changing GMT offset in admin.

Old Jul 26, 2009, 03:52 PM
AVIDJockey

4 posts · Jul 2009
I have a WPMU 2.8.2/BuddyPress 1.0.2 installation that was working beautifully until I simply changed the GMT offset and saved settings in the wmpu blogs admin interface.

Now I get -

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/theaccountusername/public_html/preview/wp-content/themes/atahualpa/functions.php(389) : eval()'d code on line 20

This appears on the main page, posts and pages, even after I switched the offset back to what it was. Screenshot is attached.

Any ideas? I'm not even necessarily convinced it has to do with that field (it might), but some rogue setting that was saved.

Note: This is only happening with Atahulapa, and not with any other themes that I activate.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parseerror_screenshot.jpg
Views:	1578
Size:	212.9 KB
ID:	207  

Last edited by AVIDJockey; Jul 27, 2009 at 12:30 AM.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 09:28 PM
AVIDJockey

4 posts · Jul 2009
So, more speculation on my part, but it seems more likely that somehow one of the BFA fields was altered (maybe a bad character was inserted by the admin template) or wiped somehow (since all of those fields are exposed in the same WMPU blog admin template). I'm just not sure which one.

Of course I might be way off base.
Old Jul 26, 2009, 09:49 PM
AVIDJockey

4 posts · Jul 2009
Ok, I wanted to test my theory so I wiped all the bfa_ata fields from wp_1_options (after backing the table up) and posts and pages are displaying.

The question for Flynn is, do you have a guess as to which fields, if corrupted/altered could cause the issue I mention above? I'd rather not have to redo all the settings, though that's now a last resort option.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 12:32 AM
AVIDJockey

4 posts · Jul 2009
It ended up that all the post footers somehow managed to get completely malformed. Once they were corrected, everything started working again.

I'm not really sure how they got so mangled with a simple settings save, but oh well.