Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Display posts alphabetically for one category, chronologically for other categories

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 6, 2009, 07:10 PM
spencer

5 posts · Jun 2009
Display posts alphabetically for one category, chronologically for other categories

I want to display the posts on most of my category pages in reverse chronological order, which is working just fine. But for one category (a glossary of terminology), I would like to display the posts in alphabetical order. I've created a separate category.php file for the glossary, but I can't get the order to change from the order in which I entered the posts. The page in question can be seen at:
http://www.jmek.net/bookbuildersWest...s/?page_id=199.

So far, I've been playing with the following php code in the template page. Is this the right place or should I be elsewhere? What do I need to change (here or elsewhere) to get the posts alphabetized?

if ( $bfa_ata_archives_category_show == "Yes" ) { ?>
<h3><?php echo $bfa_ata_archives_category_title; ?></h3>
<ul>
<?php wp_list_categories('orderby=name&order=asc&title_l i=' .
'&show_count=' . ($bfa_ata_archives_category_count == "Yes" ? '1' : '0') .
'&depth=' . $bfa_ata_archives_category_depth .
($bfa_ata_archives_category_feed == "Yes" ? '&feed_image=' . get_bloginfo('template_directory') . '/images/icons/feed.gif' : '')); ?>
</ul>
<?php } ?>

Spencer