Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

How to make popup menu links?

Old Feb 11, 2009, 10:05 PM
Hansuke

4 posts · Feb 2009
Hello, for example, i have a menu page titled "photo album", when the user click on the photo album menu button, it will link to and external link in a pop up window.

Sorry i am new to all this, any idea?

Regards,
Hans
Old Feb 12, 2009, 12:13 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
See http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...p?t=103&page=2 post #36 on how to add arbitrary links to the page menu bar

Use that tutorial in that link and additionally add target="_blank" inside your added link(s) like this

HTML Code:
<a href="link" target="_blank">
Old Feb 12, 2009, 02:26 AM
Hansuke

4 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks Flynn, i see how it works now for the menu link to popup, but now i have another question...

since im creating these links manually, it seems that the Theme's Page option menu links always appear infront of them, is there a way to make these link appear in the middle of menu or before the Theme Menu link?

Regards,
Hans
Old Feb 12, 2009, 06:14 AM
Flynn

3,768 posts · Oct 2008
Munich, Germany
To put the arbitrary link on the left side of the page menu links in bfa_header_config.php:

PHP Code:
// Page Menu Bar 
$page_menu_bar '<div id="menu1"><ul id="rmenu2" class="clearfix rMenu-hor rMenu">' "\n";

$page_menu_bar .='
<li><a href="link" target="_blank">Link Text</a></li>
<li><a href="link" target="_blank">Link Text</a></li>
<li><a href="link">Link Text</a></li>
<li class="rMenu-expand"><a href="link">Link with sub menu</a>
   <ul class="rMenu-ver">
      <li><a href="link">Sub menu item 1</a></li>
      <li><a href="link">Sub menu item 2</a></li>
   </ul>
</li>
'
;

if (
$bfa_ata_home_page_menu_bar != '') {

$page_menu_bar .= '<li class="page_item';
    if (
function_exists('is_front_page')) {
        if (
is_front_page() OR is_home()) { $page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item';
        }} elseif (
is_home()) { $page_menu_bar .= ' current_page_item';    }
$page_menu_bar .= '"><a href="' get_option('home') . '/" title="' get_option('blogname') . '">' 
$bfa_ata_home_page_menu_bar '</a></li>' "\n";    
}    
if (
$bfa_ata_levels_page_menu_bar == "") {$bfa_ata_levels_page_menu_bar 0; }    
$page_menu_bar .= bfa_hor_pages($bfa_ata_sorting_page_menu_bar$bfa_ata_levels_page_menu_bar$bfa_ata_titles_page_menu_bar$bfa_ata_exclude_page_menu_bar);
$page_menu_bar .= '</ul></div>' "\n";
// END of Page Menu Bar 
I've included target=_blank for the first two links to show where it needs to be put
Old Feb 12, 2009, 08:34 AM
Hansuke

4 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for the reply Flynn. The popup was solved earlier

My question now is about the Page Ordering, I could not put my arbitrary link in the middle of the other menus.

Example: i created Page1, Page2 and Page3 in the theme Add Page interface. then now i created the arbitrary link as Page 4, so it appear Page1, Page2, Page3 and Page4.

now i want to reorder them ....Page1, Page4 , Page 2 , Page3.

can it be done ? where should i look into?
Old Feb 13, 2009, 10:49 AM
araneum

29 posts · Feb 2009
Page order can be set from the wordpress Page dashboard.