Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Splash Page for 3.4.6

Old Apr 21, 2010, 06:51 PM
John

14 posts · Dec 2008
Greetings,
I've been given the task of creating a splash page with the atahualpa theme (I know, I know, WHY a splash page!) Nonetheless, I found a previous thread with very explicit instructions on how to do this with several earlier versions. The instructions got somewhat confusing as the theme's php files needing edits for inclusion of a splash page had been updated over the course of the thread http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...ght=splashpage. Any possibility of providing a set of instructions for the current theme version, or an amended set of instructions that reflects the current version.

Thanks Flynn and others.
It's great to be using this theme once again.
Old Apr 21, 2010, 07:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are some threads that tell you how get rid of all but the center content with CSS and I have also see people put the WP install in a subfolder and have an index.html at the root with the splash page content that links to the subfolder. I can tell from what you said that you are not a fan of splash pages and neither am I but I am always curious as to why a customer wants one. Do mind sharing your customers reason?
Old Apr 21, 2010, 09:30 PM
John

14 posts · Dec 2008
Larry,
Thanks for the input. I've already got the site installed in the root directory. I question the merits of a splash page from the perspective of SEO, bounce rate, etc. But the client wants to create a certain "feel" for the site.......
J
Old Apr 22, 2010, 07:47 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
there is now a wrrite up in the gold Forums HOW TO section describing how to make a simple splash page (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthr...0428#post30428)
Old Apr 22, 2010, 12:36 PM
John

14 posts · Dec 2008
Thanks juggledad!
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:33 AM
Lord Lycoperdon

1 posts · Jun 2010
Hello. I'm interested in making a splash page too. How do I access the gold Forums?
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:55 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
See forum home page/Donor Forums
Old Jun 4, 2010, 11:55 AM
John

14 posts · Dec 2008
It's based on donation level to support the developer and his work with the theme(s). Check out the donation link at the top of the page.