Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Page & Category Menu Bars »

I need a little help styling my menu bar.

Old Apr 15, 2011, 06:30 PM
John Berry

7 posts · Mar 2011
I need a little help styling my menu bar.

Let me start by saying that I love this theme. I find almost every aspect custumizable. I am sure they all are I am just a noob and am learning as I go along. I have figured out how to put links into the menu bar however I cannot seem to find where it is that I customize the bar itself at. I want to change the size of the bar and control the background. I also want to center it.

The website I am working on is www.johnberrysculptures.com
Old Apr 15, 2011, 08:06 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
The styling of the bar is done with CSS. You have to determine the selectors (You can use Firebug with Firefox for that) and then put the necessary CSS in ATO>Add HTML/CSS Inserts>CSS Inserts. That is easy to write in a few words but will probably take awhile to understand if you have never worked much with CSS.

A search through the forum should give you a start as well as Juggledad's cheat sheet for menus. An example would be
HTML Code:
#rmenu2 {
    background: #f0f0f0;
    padding: 20px 0;
    font-size: 20px;
}
Which will give you a gray background, 20px of padding on the top and bottom, a font size of 20px.

Experiment... Have fun.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 03:32 PM
John Berry

7 posts · Mar 2011
I am learning css a little at a time. Please tell me this, what is the document name that I should be opening up then? Assuming I am using the way wordpress set it up by default.
Old Apr 18, 2011, 05:22 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
it is a THEME option. in the backend go to Atahualpa Theme Options (or ATO for short)->Add HTML/CSS Inserts->CSS Inserts
Old Apr 19, 2011, 03:20 AM
John Berry

7 posts · Mar 2011
That was very helpfull. Thank you. What command will center it horizontally
Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
in the header configuration area, use %page-center instead of %pages