Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Featured image shows the first image included in the post.

Old Oct 5, 2012, 05:12 AM
Auteri

9 posts · Oct 2012
Netherlands
When I have no featured image with my post the Montezuma theme will show the first image included in the post itself. But I don't want that. How can I make sure that the featured image is only showing when allowed?
Old Oct 5, 2012, 05:36 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
currently there is no way to do that. The bfa_thumb() function
Quote:
If a "Featured Image" was set for the post, that one will be used. Else, the first attached/inserted local image in the post will be used. Else the first local image URL will be used. External images will not be used. Will create thumbnail on the fly if it does not exist. You can use different values for width, height and crop (true/false) in each post format template. Possible values for $link: 'permalink' (links to post) or empty (not linked). TODO: Add 'fullsize' to link to full size version of image.
I have created an RFE to ask for an option to do what you want, but for now you eithor get a featured image on all posts or none. See RFE: add option to bfa_thumb() to control if you want an automatic image built

Last edited by juggledad; Oct 5, 2012 at 05:41 AM.
Old Oct 5, 2012, 07:15 AM
Auteri

9 posts · Oct 2012
Netherlands
I modified the thumb.php in /wp-content/themes/montezuma/includes and I think it works. At least my site still works and no faulty featured images anymore.

I removed line 58 to 64.
} elseif ( bfa_has_attachment() ) {
$thumb = bfa_get_first_attachment_id();
$hasthumb = TRUE;
} elseif( bfa_has_img_src() ) {
$thumb = bfa_get_first_img_src();
$hassrc = TRUE;

and saved the thumb.php.