Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Could someone please answer a coding question ...

Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:35 AM
phogzzz

2 posts · Apr 2011
Hi,

I'm rather new to coding. I get some things and others... not so much.

I am trying to place a search box for Hotels.com in ONE SINGLE POST. I do not want it or need it on every page or in the sidebar or anything, just in one single post. I believe I need to put some of the code I have in the single.PHP file, and I think it's right under the post_content section.

My question is: the code I was given by Hotels.com is very long and I am having a hard time figuring out what code needs to go in the single.PHP file and what code needs to actually be put in the HTML section of the actual post.

Would anyone mind taking a look at the code (i apologize for its length) and tell me what goes where?

Would very much appreciate any assistance.

Jen

code below ************************************************** *****
Attached Files
File Type: txt hotels_code.txt (31.2 KB, 1534 views)
Old Apr 5, 2011, 10:41 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What version of Atahualpa and WP?
What is the url?
Old Apr 5, 2011, 02:58 PM
phogzzz

2 posts · Apr 2011
Hmmm...

I have the latest version of WP and, I'm not even sure what Atahualpa is... I'm guessing it's a theme that I am not using. I stumbled upon this forum searching for an answer to my coding dilemma and I thought this was a forum for coding problems. But is it one of those forums where only members or people using certain themes can get help?

I don't suppose you'd care to help a complete stranger who should not be allowed to even post on here? What if I told you I just got home from H&R Block where I was given some rather unpalatable news regarding how much I owe our fine government. It was worse than what I had even imagined is all I'll say.

If you'd rather not help with the coding could you direct me to a forum where I could ask this particular question? I would greatly appreciate it.

jenna
Old Apr 5, 2011, 03:19 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
This is indeed a forum for the Atahualpa theme and for Themeframe. I would suggest checking with hotels.com for instructions on embedding your code.