Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Fastest way to clone Atahualpa

Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:36 PM
helpsolve

15 posts · Apr 2011
USA - California
Hi,

I just set up a blog with all aspects of Atahualpa configured the way I need it. I want to clone this wordpress for other sites. What's the fastest way to do this?

Thanks
Old Apr 27, 2011, 05:04 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Use the export and import functions in ATO Export/Import settings. Export from the one you built. Install Atahualpa on the "other" site and do an import of those setting.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 03:48 PM
macgirl

15 posts · Aug 2010
I just accidentally "reset all settings" and fortunately happened to have a copy of a very recent export that I was able to paste back into Atahualpa. However, I noticed that some things, mostly settings on the header area (logo placement, image file path, etc.), were all gone. I had to recreate it again.

In the previous incarnations of Atahualpa on my other sites, export/import required no tweaking at all—totally seamless. Am I missing something super basic?

Thank you!
Atahualpa 3.6.7
WordPress 3.1.3

Last edited by macgirl; Jun 14, 2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: versions
Old Jun 14, 2011, 04:05 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I don't recall having any problems like that. Have you applied the three bug fixes for 3.6.7?
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:26 PM
macgirl

15 posts · Aug 2010
Thanks for your response, Larry. Yes, I did apply the fixes...maybe I should try the export/import again when I get a chance.
Old Jun 14, 2011, 05:37 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Just for the fun of it I just exported my settings and hit the reset all button which of course wiped out everything. When I imported the setting back in all looked OK.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 11:21 PM
macgirl

15 posts · Aug 2010
Thank you, Larry! I haven't had a chance to try the import again, but wanted to thank you for trying this for us!