Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] HELP! My widgets are acting weird in IE

Old Sep 11, 2010, 07:37 AM
photoswithsoul

6 posts · Sep 2010
Unhappy [SOLVED] HELP! My widgets are acting weird in IE

Hi,

Hope someone can help me out with a widget problem I'm having. The problem only appears in Internet Explorer (on multiple computers). I typically use Google Chrome, so I'm not actually sure when the problem started. I discovered it yesterday. Here's the problem: I have a bunch of widgets on my right sidebar (http://ireneabdouportraitsweddings.com). The widgets are supposed to show up on every page, including the home/front page. In Google Chrome, everything displays fine. But in Internet Explorer, the widgets are missing on the home/front page, and only appear when I click on a post. In my Atahualpa theme settings, I put that the right widgets are supposed to appear on every page. Does anyone know what's wrong? (Btw, I was working in an Atahualpa 2.x version before; now I've installed the latest 3.x version; still same problem.)

Thanks!!!
Irene
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:11 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I think the image widths in the center are causing the sidebar to get pushed out of site in IE.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:18 AM
photoswithsoul

6 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks, Larry. I can try that (though if the center column were too big, wouldn't that affect every page, not just the home/front page?). Do you know how to do it? Looking in my theme options, there's a section called "style & edit center column," but I don't see any option to change the width of the center column? (Btw, in my original post, I should have put the link to my blog, not the main website. My blog is at http://ireneabdouportraitsweddings.com/blog.)

Thanks again,
Irene
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:25 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
The one difference I see on your home page is the slide show. Can you try temporarily putting that post into draft status and see if IE behaves.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:33 AM
photoswithsoul

6 posts · Sep 2010
Hey, not fair! The widgets work if I put the slideshows in draft! Though I still don't understand why the widgets are OK with the slideshow when viewing the actual post???!!! Now that we know the problem, any ideas on how to make the two work together on the home/front page?

THANK YOU!
Irene
Old Sep 11, 2010, 09:36 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
I would suspect there may be some settings for the width, etc. of the slide show. What slide show is it?