Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Different Widgets / Sidebar for each menu

Old Apr 11, 2013, 04:02 AM
movie-ink

16 posts · Mar 2013
[SOLVED] Different Widgets / Sidebar for each menu

Would anyone know how I can get a different sidebar with different widgets showing for the pages related to the two menu's I use?

Our site shows info on a Gallery and on a Web shop. I want to keep to keep them separated e.g. I do not want to bother visitors to the Gallery part with info on things they can buy in our shop.

http://www.hazardousoperations.com/movie-ink_wp/

I would love to be able to select which widget shows up on which page.

Cheers
Old Apr 11, 2013, 04:17 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
two ideas
1) use two sidebars and just show the one you want on the page you want - see the 'Style & configure SIDEBARS' options
2) use one sidebar and a plugin like 'widget logic' or 'viual widget logic' to control the page the widget shows on
Old Apr 11, 2013, 07:50 AM
movie-ink

16 posts · Mar 2013
Hi Juggledad,

Thanks for the quick reply. Could you tell me where to find the 'Style & configure SIDEBARS' options?
Will have a look at the plugins as well.

Thanks!
Old Apr 11, 2013, 09:58 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
sorry, that is an Atahualpa option, I didn't notice that this is a Montezuma question

With Montezuma, you should create a new virtual template - copying the existing virtual 'page.php' template - and call it 'page-nn.php' where nn is the page id or call it 'page-xxxxxxxxx.php' where xxxxxxxxx is the page slug (if you had a page called 'activity' you would use 'page-activity.php')

Next edit this template and near the bottom you will see a dynamic widget area. Call it something else and now you will have two different widget areas and can put the widgets in the one you want.
Old Apr 18, 2013, 03:36 AM
movie-ink

16 posts · Mar 2013
Hi Juggledad,

Thanks for the advice so far. I managed to do as you told and everything seems to be working, though I do not understand how to get the original widget area on the blog related pages and the newly made widget area on the shop related pages.

Thanks,

Erik
Old Apr 18, 2013, 04:59 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
so you created a virtulate template called 'woocommerce-page.php' correct?
did you change the name of the widget area as I told you to in my last post? you need to change the code
HTML Code:
	<div id="widgetarea-one" class="col4">
		<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'Widget Area ONE' ); ?>
	</div>
to something like
HTML Code:
	<div id="widgetarea-shop" class="col4">
		<?php dynamic_sidebar( 'Shop page widget area' ); ?>
	</div>
then you will see the new area at dashboard->appearances->widgets