Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

one image per post on the homepage as a link to the detailed post

Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:07 AM
pcalualy

3 posts · Feb 2010
Hello,

I am new to the forum and have been customising the Atahualpa theme since yesterday and have answered the majority of my questions by searching this forum.

However, I have hit a wall. I want to display my posts like this:

http://www.septemberindustry.co.uk/

I've set up the 2 column posting on my site but whenever I add text to a post it appears on the homepage too which I do not want as it throws the images out of alignment and proportion.

This is also a problem when I include more than one photo in a post. It displays all of them on the homepage. Am I missing something really simple?

I want to be able to use one image per post on the homepage as a link to a post containing text and more photos.

Thanks for your time
Old Feb 24, 2010, 09:51 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
What is your homepage set as - dashboard->settings->reading->Front page displays?
Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:20 AM
pcalualy

3 posts · Feb 2010
Here are the current settings as you asked for. Thanks

Old Feb 24, 2010, 10:28 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Ok, since your front page IS your blog page, eveny time you add a post it will show up there. That is the way it is suppose to work. If you only want part of a post to display (an EXCERPT) you need to craft your own excerpt in the posts. While you could use the automatic excerpt function of Atahualpa, it normally strips away all HTML so you would be better off doing your own, then setting Atahualpa to only display excerpts on the home page.
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:09 AM
pcalualy

3 posts · Feb 2010
Ok, so how do I change this to make the images on the homepage link to their actual post? I don't want any text or excerpt on the homepage to do with the actual post

Do I need to add a new folder on my server? add new pages in WP? insert links in the code?

I ideally want a minimal but interesting looking homepage without clutter or post text

Sorry for being awkward

Thanks for your time
Old Feb 24, 2010, 11:13 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
If you olny want an image to show on the home page, whay not tell Atahualpa to only doisplay excerpts and then hand craft the excerpt coding the image and link in the excerpt. Then you would control what showed on the front page, but if someone clicks on it, they go where you point them.

Last edited by juggledad; Feb 25, 2010 at 04:56 AM.