Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] Buddypress Workaround for Single WP Install?

Old Mar 12, 2010, 06:44 AM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
The plugin with the template pack addon installs & works fine with the ATA template with the minor exception that the ATA sidebars don't register at all. Only the header and footer areas carry over. Which seems to suggest that the BP "pages" are using a totally separate template for the "body" area of the page.

Just wondering if anyone has a work around for this or might be able to brainstorm possible solutions.

Rashell
Old Mar 12, 2010, 11:20 AM
Rashell

67 posts · May 2009
k I figured it out.

The template pack comes with an easy install process. You want to go through the whole thing and when you come to step 3 it will give you a list of pages to change if you're having "alignment problems".

Well at first glance I didn't think I needed this list. Alignment seemed fine. Plus you can just swap things with the ATA CSS inserts capability.

Thing is you actually need to go through each of those pages and swap the BP "get header" with the ATA "get header" found in the ATA index.php

(Also, you want to change the files that have been automagically moved into your ATA template folder not the BP plugin template pack.)

Voila, you're finished!

Rashell

BTW

the ATA "get header" looks like this...

<?php /* get all options: */
include (TEMPLATEPATH . '/functions/bfa_get_options.php');
get_header(); ?>

the BP "get header" like

<?php get_header(); ?>

Last edited by Rashell; Mar 12, 2010 at 11:26 AM.