Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] Problem with creating styles in highly secure Multisite environment

Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:52 PM
marklevine

41 posts · Jun 2010
[SOLVED] Problem with creating styles in highly secure Multisite environment

Hi all,

My client is a large university with a Multisite installation. They maintain tight security. I don't have FTP access nor can I upload any scripts that aren't filtered and screened for security.

Because it's Multisite, media library files are stored in http://domainname.here/sitename/files

My styles from the Montezuma back-end are not being applied and the source code for the generated pages contain the warning:

Code:
/*************************************************************************
Default CSS served INLINE because wp-content/uploads is not writable.
This will change once wp-content/uploads is writable
**************************************************************************/
There are a couple of other posts on this matter but I cannot apply any fixes (such as allowing the media library to contain JS files) nor can I directly edit theme files. I'm posting this note urge the developer to fix the theme to operate properly in a Multisite installation, such as adding a parameter to set the location of the media library (or better: to find the media library directory in its proper place).

Suggestions for workarounds in a highly secure environment will be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2013, 04:54 PM
marklevine

41 posts · Jun 2010
My client just agreed to add JS and CSS to the approved list of files uploadable to the Media Library so I am all set!