Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

Adding image to single front page

Old Aug 30, 2010, 02:08 PM
jorgfoto

39 posts · Jul 2009
vermont, USA
Hi, I want to do two things:
1 Place image to background of front page center body only
2) Snug the image up toward the nav bar without padding

I have tried to put the image in the background of the page using "Add HTML/CSS Inserts" using the code:
/* background image for home page */
body.home td#middle(background-image: url(/wp-content/themes/atahualpa351/images/illustration3x1150.jpg);
background-position: center left;
background-repeat: norepeat;
}
But it is not working and maybe is not the best way to approach this.
I have been able to add a background color but not able to add an image.
Any suggestions or directions?

Below is the site I am working on and I have attached what I want to do as a jpg:

http://atlanticprojects.com/

Wordpress v3.1
Atahualpa 3.5.1

Thanks in advance!
Les

Last edited by jorgfoto; Aug 31, 2010 at 09:04 AM. Reason: clarified post