Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

Displaying a custom field?

Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:44 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
Hi everyone. I'm getting very close to finishing my first Montezuma site. It's awesome to be able to create templates this way. Thanks! Quick question, though...

I want to display a customized byline for each post. In my ATA websites I simply create a custom field and then call that field up inside a widget area that I place in the loop, using a widget that allows php code. Do I need to do it this way in Montezume too? Or is there a way to add some php directly in the single.php template that will display my custom field.

Thanks!
Emanuel
Old Jun 21, 2013, 12:55 PM
emanuel1969

133 posts · Apr 2010
California
Send a message via Skype™ to emanuel1969
Actually let me clarify... In ATA, the way I display the byline is by putting the following code into the appropriate field inside the "Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS" section:

%meta('Byline')%

Now I'm assuming this code will NOT work anywhere in Montezuma. So I instead need to use some php code to display this custom field. To do that, I inserted a dynamic sidebar into the single.php template, and I have a php-enabled text widget that I can use to add the php code. I just don't know what php code to add to display this field?

Can someone help me?

Thanks!
Old Jun 21, 2013, 01:25 PM
jerryc

367 posts · Oct 2012
Florida
The limited allowed php code is on a tab in the upper right under dashboard > appearances > mz options.

If it's not in the limited code, check the wp documentation. Somebody's probably already invented this wheel.
Old Jun 21, 2013, 02:24 PM
CrouchingBruin

299 posts · Aug 2010
Santa Monica, CA
The Wordpress Codex Function Reference has a section that lists the functions you can use for custom fields. get_post_meta is probably the one you want.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 12:03 PM
PsychoSoad182

1 posts · Jun 2013
I am not able to use custom fields in Montezuma. This is still not compatible with the theme?