Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Sidebars & Widgets »

[SOLVED] text size in pages sidebar widget not the same for 1st and 2nd level pages

Old Sep 18, 2010, 01:03 PM
Chrisrush

3 posts · Sep 2010
Hello,

So I installed the pages widget on my left sidebar. But for some reason the text size is different from 1st level and 2nd level. I have tried to find where to change this but to no avail.

Also the "link text weight" option in the style widgets section is not showing up.

Help!

I have Atahualpa version 3.4.9
Old Sep 20, 2010, 06:20 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
what is the url?
Old Oct 10, 2010, 04:51 PM
Chrisrush

3 posts · Sep 2010
http://alaskafourwinds.org
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:43 PM
ratjetoe

12 posts · Oct 2010
I have the exact same problem.
In Athahualpa Theme Options -Style Widgets - Widget List Items there is a dropdown list for 'Link Text Weight, but it is empty.

I'd like to set the Widget List Items, 2nd level to 'bold', but I can't, because of this empty dropdown list.

I'm having this problem since I upgraded to Atahualpa 3.4.9.

Can anyone help me?

Thanx, Laura
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:57 PM
ratjetoe

12 posts · Oct 2010

I upgraded to Atahualpa 3.5.3, and now the dropdown list isn't empty anymore!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 02:51 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Chrisrush
your problem is caused because of the
HTML Code:
font-size:1.3em;
that is in ato->Style WIDGETS->Widget Content Box
the em mixed with the parent elemdnt having a font-sise in PXis causing the issue be careful when mixing PX's and EM's
here is some reading about it (http://www.bigbaer.com/css_tutorials/css_font_size.htm)
Quote:
The .em unit can be troublesome, though theoretically it is ideal. Read the following from the W3C specs and note the potential pitfalls: The 'em' unit is equal to the computed value of the 'font-size' property of the element on which it is used. The exception is when 'em' occurs in the value of the 'font-size' property itself, in which case it refers to the font size of the parent element. It may be used for vertical or horizontal measurement. (This unit is also sometimes called the quad-width in typographic texts.)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 11:26 AM
Chrisrush

3 posts · Sep 2010
Thank-you so much! I will donate when I get paid. I appreciate your help!

Chris