Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Can I change the width of the logo area?

Old Nov 7, 2009, 03:10 PM
dieterssv

3 posts · Nov 2009
Hello, I am really new with wordpress and atahualpa and try to relaunch an old homepage of a sportclub with wordpress and atahualpa. In the header I will have the logo of the club and the name and right of the logo, between logo and search box, the rotate image function to show the sponsors of the club. It is possible and how? I use WP 2.8.5 and ata 3.4.4.
(excuse my english, I have had a five in the school - 40 years ago).
Old Nov 7, 2009, 07:33 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
The logo area and header image area are seperate areas that span the width of the page.
There is a post about floating the logo over the header (http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=2729) you could play with.

Another option would to add a widget area to the header and use that to display your ad's or make the ads pare of yuor header images
Old Nov 8, 2009, 03:42 PM
dieterssv

3 posts · Nov 2009
Hi juggledad,
thanks for the prompt reply. I try it, but it didn'd work like I want (or I didn't found the places where I can setup the background value, the image-position and the border for the header area, because the setup in the ato->header config no longer work.
I have a logo and a search box in the header area and I want to have the rotate-image-function between, so that is more the "overlay-image" functionality I need?
(I have donate to bfa, not to you, sorry!)
(You can see my beta version of the site under ssv.dascheberg.de)
Old Nov 8, 2009, 06:38 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
As long as the AD doesn't have to rotate, you could do it in CSS. Follow the idea in this thread
http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=4223
you will only need two images, the blank one and the AD and get rid of the CSS for the hover
Anytime you want to change the ad, you just upload a new image and change the CSS
Old Nov 12, 2009, 04:46 PM
dieterssv

3 posts · Nov 2009
OK, I try all things you offer, but what I want to have are:
in one row the logo, the blog title and the blog tagline and right of them the rotate funcionality ( and, if possible) the search box.
The other possibility are a plug-in for a sidebar to rotate images. Do you know one?
Old Nov 13, 2009, 05:33 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
NextGen gallery has a plugin with a widget you can have a slide show in.