Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Change image based upon width

Old Aug 3, 2009, 11:16 AM
haenchensd

2 posts · Aug 2009
Is it possible to change what header image is loaded based upon width? If not, can you make the image resize as opposed to crop when the width of the browser changes?
Old Aug 3, 2009, 03:21 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
1) no
2) Not without changing the code. The header area is a fixed height, so say you had it as 250px and 1000px wide. If you had the image resize and made the page width half size, then the image would be 125px X 500px - it would fit the width, but there would be a large blank area in the height since the image area is 250, but the resized image would only be 125.

You could see if there is a widget that will resize and then use the new widget header area and not have a image area...