Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

How To create a blank page template with center page content only

Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:38 AM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
How To create a blank page template with center page content only

Hi,
I've been trying to understand how to create a page template that only displays the content we enter into the back end editor's content box when we add a new page. (No blog title/menus, no sidebars -- just a plain white background.)

We will be using this template for a store "pitch" page using our estore plugin, so it does need to function inside Wordpress.

How might I accomplish this?

Also, I'd like to be able to link it to the stylesheet but override certain styles with custom styles for this page. I assume I can define custom styles with CSS between the style tags in the custom template. Is that correct?

Thanks!

Michael
Old Jan 30, 2014, 11:52 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are "landing page" plugins that might do this for you or you can craft some CSS to hide what you want for that particular page.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 12:37 PM
mkellam

60 posts · Jan 2011
Hi Larry,

Thank you for your answer.

I checked on the landing page plugins and though they look like I might be able to use them to accomplish this, even the highest rated one has enough bad ratings that I'm hesitant to use it for a store page.

Is it possible for me to create a bare bones template page where I code it mostly with CSS and HTML (like the basic style info and such at the top of the header file), but use PHP to include a call to "the_content"?

I sort of tried to do that but I think I must have needed to tell the file where to find "the_content". Is this a concept that would work or m I oversimplifying?

Thanks!

Michael

P.S. Here's a sample of something I tried to do. Would this not work as a template?

PHP Code:
<?php /*
Template Name: Clean Store Page Template
*/
?>

<!-- HTML Head and CSS styles here-->

<?php the_content(); ?>

<!-- Footer HTML here-->
Old Jan 30, 2014, 01:30 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
If you want to make a template start with a copy of the themes index.php

You can easily add css using the CSS Inserts option

Last edited by juggledad; Jan 30, 2014 at 01:33 PM.