Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

Enhanced text widgets and PHP plug-ins

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 6, 2011, 12:29 PM
ArtG

25 posts · Apr 2011
Enhanced text widgets and PHP plug-ins

Just want to check a few assumptions I am making before implementing the enhanced text widget solution for 3.6.7+

1) Because such widgets have not been removed from WP's Plug-in Directory, placing PHP in these widgets resolves the following matter which prompted the removal of our being able to use PHP within theme options. from BFA homepage:

Quote:
No custom PHP code anymore: After the “Eval” function was not permitted anymore in themes, the alternative “stream wrappers” caused issues on all hosts where Suhosin was installed. The remaining option “temp. files” isn’t an option either because that requires file operations again. Atahualpa was one of few themes, if not the only one, to offer the ability to add custom PHP through theme options. This is not possible anymore in themes listed on wordpress.org. There might be workarounds or even alternative theme options in the near future, here or on the forum.

2) The removal of being able to add PHP through the theme options does not impact the ability to add PHP to a page or post when using a plug-in like Exec-PHP.

Thanks!