Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages »

How to put all posts from one author on a separate page

Old Jun 26, 2012, 02:08 AM
gcstlmo

2 posts · Dec 2011
How to put all posts from one author on a separate page

I am very new(self taught - no training) to all of this and am building my site locally using ATA 3.7.7 and WP 3.3.2.
I am trying to create a page that will have all the posts from a specific author (guest blogger 1) appear on a separate page (Guest blogger 1 page) than the posts page. From what I have found from searching I can do that if I add to the file index.php the following:

<?php
if ( is_Guest blogger 1 page() ) {
query_posts( array ( 'category_name' =>Guest Blogger 1 'category-slug', 'posts_per_page' => -1 )
}
?>

Is this correct?
If so, is there a way to limit the number of posts on the page? (is that advisable?)
Where do I add it in the index.php file?
Will it just show the post excerpt? (That's all I want it to show)So you click on more to read the rest.
Is there a better way?

If this is not correct -- HELP!
Thank You.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 03:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You could do thisusing the ' multi column/custom query' templete that is included with the theme. Look in the gold forum tutorials for directions

or you could try this plugin

Last edited by juggledad; Jun 26, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 11:33 PM
gcstlmo

2 posts · Dec 2011
Thanks for your reply Still haven't figured it out but I will and trying to do without a plugin. If I haven't by the time I need this element I'll make the site live and be back. thanks again.