Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Plugins & Atahualpa »

[SOLVED] plugin not sending new user email

Old Oct 16, 2010, 01:34 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
This may not be an Atahualpa issue. But I'm not getting any help at the plugin, maybe someone here has some suggestions.

The plugin is s2Members. It is awesome and complex in signing up members in various categories at various prices and then registering them.

But there is one problem - the final step after

1) the new member has paid at PayPal,
2) the new member gets a receipt from PayPal
3) is sent back to the site to fill out a profile
4) completes the profile and submits it
5) the new member profile shows up in the list of users

The final missing step is that, after submitting the profile, the user is supposed to get an email containing a user name and password generated from the system. But that is not happening.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:55 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try swapping to the default theme and see if the email sends. that will tell you if it is a theme interaction or not
Old Oct 16, 2010, 09:58 AM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks - that is a excellent suggestion. I'll let you know how it works out.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:10 PM
JaneD

72 posts · Jan 2009
What host do you use & what type? I've heard before that Godaddy hosting sometimes had problems sending out emails. It may have only been their windows hosting, I'm not sure.

So I'd check with your host as well.
Old Oct 16, 2010, 12:24 PM
joe hark

168 posts · Feb 2009
Thanks for the suggestion. Were it the fault of the hosting company I would poison, stab and clobber the owner. I'd shoot him, too. And kick his dog. And insult his cat.

However, since I own the hosting company (BuildingHosting.Com), that might be a personally uncomfortable event.

Anyway, I did resolve the problem. It was a matter of configuring PayPal. I had thought not. But I found someone who knew what was wrong and I now have a happy web site owner at http://owitchicago.org.