Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Excerpts, Read more, Pagination »

Articles not in search engine Google

Old Oct 14, 2009, 09:52 AM
AmpLiF1eR

6 posts · Sep 2009
Hi all,

In the beginning, my posts were visible in the google search engine after +/- 5 minutes (sometimes 2 minutes) when I posted an article.
This morning, I changed the settings in the integrated SEO module of the atahualpa theme.
I enabled 'noindex' for categories, tags and Archives and also for RSS.

I "thought" this would be to avoid duplicates for the same article in google but as a result, all the posts of today are not in the google engine and hours have passed so I probably misinterpreted the settings that I changed.

I changed them back 20 minutes ago,but my new articles are still not visible.

Have I screwed anything up ? (because I was so happy to be indexed within 5 minutes)

Greetings

AmpLiF1eR
http://Almost2012.tk/
Old Oct 14, 2009, 01:11 PM
AmpLiF1eR

6 posts · Sep 2009
Hello again,

I made a new post just to test if the new ones would be indexed as usual, because this post was posted after I changed the 'noindex' settings to default again.
It doesn't work anymore, the fact that I'd set it once to yes has changed something, even after reverting those settings back.
I swear that I only tested this setting and didnt do anything else, can someone please tell me what I can try ?
The wordpress settings that I want to be indexed by google and technoratie isn't touched, it's still at 'yes'' , I only changed the 4 checkboxes in atahualpa to noindex and changed it back and went from 5 minute indexing to no indexing at all.

many thanks in advance

edit: I've made a sidemap and provided it to google, this wasn't necessary before but after some reading I thought let's give it a try to get it active agan, now time will tell..

Last edited by AmpLiF1eR; Oct 14, 2009 at 02:25 PM.
Old Oct 16, 2009, 04:57 PM
sparksmex

56 posts · Apr 2009
Jocotepec, Mexico
You can edit your 'sitemap.xml' if you have access to it and if you are producing one but it's not the same as a 'ping' when you publish.

sitemaps are slow and extra info for Google but they do work.

Did you deactivate and reactive SEO