Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » New Versions, & Updating »

TIP: how to copy settings of Atahualpa from one site to another

Old Jan 14, 2010, 05:34 AM
denbert

19 posts · Jan 2009
Copenhagen
OK, I got it - should have read the full tread.

Thank you all for providing on of the best forums on the web
Old Jan 21, 2010, 05:50 AM
debart

1 posts · Jan 2010
washington
Re:installing new version: notice says: new version install now. Also, option to update automatically what is the best setting to use?
Attempting to install the update prompts a warning to backup my site first, I don't know how to do yet.

My site is only a few months old and the backup directions sound challenging.

In addition, I want to compare some other themes with Atahualpa. How can I do this without messing up what I have set up?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 06:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
You can add as many themes to the themes folder and switch back and forth between them. Almost all (including Atahualpa) store any theme specific options in the wordpress database.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 02:01 PM
kjetil

45 posts · Jul 2009
Oslo - Norway
Send a message via Skype™ to kjetil
Just like to add in as a tip, that there is a php-MyAdmin plugin which still seems to work, though on the WP plugin repository it is said only to work "up to WP 2.2.2"
Haven't tested it much, but if you have a test server and no possibility to run the php-myAdmin application, this might be a solution.
Some further experiences would be useful.
Kjetil
Old Jan 24, 2010, 02:42 PM
sabqat9

1 posts · Jan 2010
These tips are great - I am currently working on testing on my system at home and then wanting to export later to my active website. I am just curious - why haven't the developers of the theme not thought of providing an easy built in export and import function? It would be a great addition to the theme - especially when it comes to testing and developing new sites. I am no programmer or high end designer - so test building a new site becomes difficult when you have to manually export and import settings (over 200 of them according to the theme developers). I think that an automated function would be a great addition for the theme and save a lot of time and energy for the developers (who have to answer questions like this) and site designers (who have to ask questions like this in the first place).

This is the first time I have used this theme and it is great. Especially for novice designers like myself who have limited knowledge of php, css and site design. Two thumbs up to the developers (I would use more but I was only given two). Keep up the great work!
Old Jan 24, 2010, 04:08 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Well, there is only one developer - Flynn - and currently he is working on ThemeFrame. I put together a export, but not really being a developer (my roots are in tech support) I've stumbled on the import, can't figure out how to run it and get it to pick a file from your computer. That and I answwer so many questions, I just don't have time to dabble. I need to take two weeks off the forums and then look at it...what do you think?...should I go off the grid for two weeks or till I figure out the import?
Old Feb 5, 2010, 10:53 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
Any updates on an export import function for Atahualpa? Sometimes I would like to add the theme to a site without downtime.
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:37 AM
andyro

19 posts · Dec 2008
california & canada
I have used atahualpa on a few sites now and this keeps coming up. Simplest way to date has been look at two wp admin screens and manually transfer settings - which is not elegant. I thought there was a way to configure a static css file instead of the php? Can we not enable that and then copy the css file over? Anyone?
Old Mar 16, 2010, 12:56 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
the settings are stored in the database. If you created the tateic CSS it will work, you just won't be able to change any settings. Then next release is going to have an export/import built in, I just don't know when the next release will be.

There is a thread explaining how to do a manual export/import of the theme options from one site to another. do a search on 'export' I beleive it is a sticky thread.

Last edited by juggledad; Apr 6, 2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 06:03 AM
Tim F

66 posts · Jul 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by juggledad
Well, there is only one developer - Flynn - and currently he is working on ThemeFrame. I put together a export, but not really being a developer (my roots are in tech support) I've stumbled on the import, can't figure out how to run it and get it to pick a file from your computer. That and I answwer so many questions, I just don't have time to dabble. I need to take two weeks off the forums and then look at it...what do you think?...should I go off the grid for two weeks or till I figure out the import?
This would be incredibly useful for me. I am sending over a small bribe right now and I'll send you what more I can afford if you can manage to jury rig even the clunkiest method of import/exporting the theme options ;-)

Last edited by Tim F; Apr 6, 2010 at 06:07 AM.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 10:08 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
There are others of us who might pony up with a "bribe" as well.
Old Apr 17, 2010, 09:41 PM
tzalmaves

3 posts · Apr 2010
I followed the steps above and get this on import:

MySQL said: Documentation
#1050 - Table 'wp_options' already exists

I've posted my exported SQL file here: http://s89978558.onlinehome.us/temp/wp_options.zip

Any ideas?

-TM
Old Apr 18, 2010, 04:26 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
when you did the export, you must h the 'CREATE TABLE statemend (lines 19-28) and ou should be all set.

I've updated the steps in post #1 to include
* uncheck the option 'Structure' the option
which will then prevent the CREATE TABLE statement from being added to the SQL.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 07:14 AM
tzalmaves

3 posts · Apr 2010
OK, I followed the revised instructions and got this:

MySQL said:
#1136 - Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

I've posted my updated SQL to http://s89978558.onlinehome.us/temp/wp_options(2).zip

Thanks for any help you can provide,

-TM
Old Apr 18, 2010, 08:06 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
What version of atahualpa and wordpress?
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:07 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Under teh setting 'DATA' make sure teh option 'Complete Inserts' is checked
Here are the settings I have
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 1.png
Views:	1635
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	472
Old Apr 18, 2010, 09:15 AM
tzalmaves

3 posts · Apr 2010
Great, that worked, thanks! I guess your settings, as indicated in the graphic, should be explicitly called out in the first post. It must be that my ISP's SQL export defaults are different than yours.

Thanks again,

-TM