Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

Category links cutting off under each post

Old Sep 25, 2010, 07:34 PM
Writing on Your iPhone

2 posts · Sep 2010
Category links cutting off under each post

Hi there,

I've just started using Atahualpa for my new blog site www.writingonyouriphone.com but I've got a strange problem that going through the theme settings and Googling hasn't solved.

On the final line of each post (the footer?) on the home page and post pages, on the right of the Leave a Comment link, are links to the category and subcategory the post belongs to. But the subcategory always cuts off. Even though it doesn't extend as far right as the post extract above.

How can I stop the subcategory link cutting off?

Thanks in advance.

If you can't see the image, look here.

http://awesomescreenshot.com/0c61q2za4

Last edited by Writing on Your iPhone; Sep 25, 2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Image not showing.
Old Sep 25, 2010, 09:18 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
You can't just type the $ in a category name you need to use the following instead.
[& #36;] without the left and right brackets and no space between the & and #. I had to add the space so you could see the code. Here is a link to all sorts of HTML codes that could come in handy.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 03:36 AM
Writing on Your iPhone

2 posts · Sep 2010
Thanks, you're awesome! That fixed the problem.

I'm rather surprised that WordPress isn't set up to automatically substitute symbols like the dollar sign for the safe code.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:53 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I tested a bit more and this looks to be a theme related issue. I am sending this along to the developer.