Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Custom field template - show on posts..

Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:28 PM
uffehs

1 posts · Mar 2012
Custom field template - show on posts..

Hi all

Hope Im writing the right place - Im completely new here.

I have just started using atahualpa (really great btw!), and Im now working on a minor real estate site. I wanted to have some custom fields (for example with price, number of rooms, images etc.) and therefor I wanted to use the "costum field template" plugin. I know how to make the different fields so they are shown when I write a new posts, for example I made this one:

[Rooms]
type = select
value = 1 # 2 # 3 # 4 # 5 # 5+
default = orange
output = true

But my problem is that I dont know how to show this on the new created post?

I can see that when I insert: "%meta('Rooms')%" under "FOOTER: Single Post Pages" (options/Edit POST/PAGE INFO ITEMS) it shows the value in the footer. But I would like it to show like this:

Rooms: 2 (right now it only says "2")

Another problem is that when I add another field (for example "%meta('Price')%"), I would like the two to be seprated by a stroke "|" or perhaps a dot, because right now it just look like this:

2 1000000 ("2" is the rooms, and "1000000" is the price)

A final thing is that I would like to highlight the price and adress fields (they are most important), for example by giving them a larger fontsize, another color or similar - how to I do this with the %meta% text?

Hope that some of you can help me - thank you!

Best regards

Uffe
(Denmark).

Last edited by juggledad; Mar 23, 2012 at 01:58 PM.
Old Mar 23, 2012, 01:59 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
try using 'Rooms: %meta('Rooms')%'
Old Mar 23, 2012, 02:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would also look at some of the real estate plugins that are available such as Firestorm plugin.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:27 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
I have downloaded Advanced Custom Fields and am trying now to integrate it into Atahualpa.

We are trying to recreate our page in a wordpress CMS. I am using your plugin to recreate the meta-box shown in http://www.tribe-online.de/interacti...on3/rage/r.htm on the left upper side.

I have edited all the Field Group and are wondering how I get those now into the upper left for all review templates?
Old Apr 6, 2012, 02:47 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
Hody,
1) don't hijack threads. If you have an issue open a new thread and explain the issue in detail
2) you say
Quote:
I am using your plugin to recreate the meta-box
who's plugin are you using? there are four posts on this thread, two responding to the original poster. Larry mentions a plugin, then you say you downloaded a plugin. So who is the 'your plugin' you are talking about?
3) for reference please review this thread http://forum.bytesforall.com/showthread.php?t=6606
4) you mention 'review templates' - what review templates? the theme doesn't have any.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 03:31 PM
Hody

156 posts · Apr 2012
Sorry did not want to hijack anybodies´ thread.

1. I am using Atahualpa 3.7.3 with the latest WP release. I downloaded a plugin Advanced Custom Fields which allows to create custom fields.

So now I have custom fields and there names, but somehow you have to put the fields in php in some template in order to appear on the posts. Sadly I can´t figure that out on the plugin homepage.

2. I also tried Verve Meta Boxes which allows me to create meta fields which show on the edit new post site just fine.
In order to show the box later on the page I need to do the following:
Quote:
Place <?php get_post_custom_values('your_custom_field_key_here '); ?> inside the Loop in your templates
- where do I have to add that, can figure which template this is in Atahualpa?

Last edited by Hody; Aug 1, 2012 at 01:41 AM.