Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Center area post/pages » Post-Kicker, -Byline & -Footer »

What are the percent and pipe symbols for in the post info section ...

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old Jun 15, 2009, 03:18 PM
fromtheranks

149 posts · Apr 2009
Dev Env't: XP Pro SP3, IIS 5.1, MySQL 5.1, PHP 5.2.x, WP 2.7.1, Atahualpa 3.3.3, IE 7, FF 3.0.x
Information What are the percent and pipe symbols for in the post info section ...

These are undoubtedly newbie questions but I've been digging through PHP, CSS and HTML references trying to figure out what:

1. the darn "%" is; for but one example: %date('F js, Y') %

2. and, does it make any difference if it is entered as: % date('F js, Y') % ... or ... %date('F js, Y')% ... or as above in #1. The placement of the % seems to have no significance, as long as there are two of them, but I'm not sure.

3. finally, ditto for the pipe (|) symbol. In UNIX it is for redirection but I don't believe that is the case here. I did find one reference (finally) buried on a PHP site that seemed to suggest this was an OR operator, but that doesn't entirely make sense in the Post Info Items area.

If someone could give me a brief tutorial on these two symbols, so that when I'm editing the info items I don't inadvertently mess it up by not understanding the syntax, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.