Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

[SOLVED] Static CSS and JS files

Old Jan 30, 2010, 03:59 PM
DSmidgy

10 posts · Jan 2010
Lightbulb [SOLVED] Static CSS and JS files

Hi,

I'm running my (girfriend's) blog on a slow Sempron computer. It users Wordpress 2.9.1 and Atahualpa 3.4.5. Apache has no extras installed, apc for php is enabled, wp-super-cache is installed.

But I still get some poor performances, then caches gets filled (see the attachment). I believe storing the css and js as static files would eliminate the continuous execution of the php script and resending the content with 200 instead of 304 code.

The idea is: when you click on "Save changes" in Atahualpa options the static css and js files gets generated instead of calling a php script.

Would you consider implementing this?

Best regards,
Dominik
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	parokeets_firebug.PNG
Views:	931
Size:	26.1 KB
ID:	371  
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:44 PM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
see ATO->Configure CSS & JS->CSS: External file or inline?
and ATO->Configure CSS & JS->Javascript: External file or inline?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:42 PM
DSmidgy

10 posts · Jan 2010
Thanks, it works
I increases the file size for only 7KB, so it's worth to do it.