Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme » Header configuration & styling »

Header alignment set to "top center," but image still cuts off from the right

Old Jul 5, 2010, 11:07 AM
stainton

10 posts · Jul 2010
Header alignment set to "top center," but image still cuts off from the right

I've gone around and around trying to solve this issue. I know my fixed-width header is going to be cut off on some browsers. I thought the "Header Image: Alignment" control would let me choose whether it gets cut off from the right, the left, or equally from both sides. The latter is what I'm trying to achieve, but I can't seem to figure out how to do this. Currently, the alignment is set to "top center," the the image still cuts off from the right. Is there a way to ensure that the center of my header image remains in the center of the page regardless of browser size, and that any excess is cut off from both sides equally, rather than all from one side?

I'm using Atahualpa 3.5.1 and WordPress 3.0.

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 01:56 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
That setting should work as you are describing it. Other than some code in the CSS Inserts for example that is overriding where you are setting it I can't think of what could be causing the problem. I just tested and it works as expected for me.

Do you have a URL for the site?
Old Jul 5, 2010, 02:35 PM
stainton

10 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Larry,

The URL is http://deniseyamada.com/

Thanks!
Old Jul 5, 2010, 03:23 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Try turning off the fading effect for the header. I think that may be a bug.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 04:34 PM
stainton

10 posts · Jul 2010
Hi Larry,

Yep, that did it. Too bad, though--the fading effect is really nice! I hate to lose it. Hopefully there'll be a fix in the next version.

Bill
Old Jul 5, 2010, 04:52 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
You could also just resize your images and use the fading.