Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Atahualpa 3 Wordpress theme »

Has the problems with WP 3.0 been worked out in the new version.

Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:42 PM
akravetz

7 posts · Jun 2010
I am sorry if this has been addressed. Really, I am. I am total newbie who is trying to help a local charity out by redoing their Web site for free, using WP in my spare time. I took about a month off and forgot much of what I learned in the prior month. The goal is to have this site up and workign within a month. So I want to know if I should go up from 3.5.1 to 3.5.3 and at the same time, consider upgrading to WP 3.0.

I don't want to be a computer programmer. I want to do whatever is easier to get the best and more stable result while still having something that looks kinda cool. That is the beauty of WP. Even idiots like me think they can do something. Or is that the curse?

Andy
Old Jul 28, 2010, 01:49 PM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
I would upgrade both if for nothing else than you have the ability to use the new WP 3 menu system.
  • Backup Db
  • Upgrade to WP3
  • Upgrade to Atahualpa 3.5.3 with the manual method (copying the atahualpa353 folder into the WP Themes folder. That way you can go back to 3.5.1 if you are not happy.
  • You will have to apply some bug fixes again and move some images
Here is a "How To" explaining the upgrade process in more detail.