Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » Montezuma Theme »

[SOLVED] full posts on the front page

Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:29 AM
widdy

4 posts · Nov 2012
[SOLVED] full posts on the front page

Love the theme and using the blog format and the front page has small excerpts of my posts.

How can I make the full posts show up on the front page??? I believe I can divide long posts when I make them with the read more tag.

I would like the posts on the front page to be full without that read more on every post.

How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
OSX 10.11.5 WP 4.x Atahualpa(all) Safari, Firefox, Chrome
so what have you tried so far?
Have you really looked at the options and the virtual templates?
have you looked at what 'Limited PHP Code' is avaliable?
Old Nov 6, 2012, 09:53 AM
widdy

4 posts · Nov 2012
my pages are showing up fine, it's just the home page that I'm having problems with. I'm just trying to get full posts on the front page, 6 to 10 of them and not just the small boxes.

Most of my posts are images and the blocks on the front page are cutting them off.

I went through all the css files but didnt want to touch anything and think I can fix this in the index.php but not as to how.

I'm sorry for being illiterate to the new theme. I dont know what you mean by this

have you looked at what 'Limited PHP Code' is available?

To sum things up, is there any way to alter a line somewhere or a radio button in the theme options that I'm missing that will make the posts on my front show full.

Thank you for your time.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:19 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
You need to check out all the theme options especially the section on 'virtual templates' when in there you will see a button in the upper right labeled 'Limited PHP code' check it out.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:38 AM
widdy

4 posts · Nov 2012
i guess this theme may be out of my leauge. there may not be a way to change it anyway. the other blogs i toured in the showing off thread all have the read more and scrunched posts on the front page.

if there's a way to expand the posts on the front page can you direct me to a thread that may have a solution? i found the limited php code link you sent me to but i dont know what code to alter.

thanks for your time, it may not be something that can be done. it's a shame because this is the nicest theme ive seen in years besides the Atahualpa theme this site put out.
Old Nov 6, 2012, 11:42 AM
juggledad

23,765 posts · Mar 2009
Actually it is very easy and I have been trying to point you in the direction.
You might want to read my signature