Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA
There will be no more development for Atahualpa (or any other theme), and no support. Also no new registrations. I turned off the donation system. I may turn the forum to read only if it gets abused for spam. Unfortunately I have no time for the forum or the themes. Thanks a lot to the people who helped in all these years, especially Larry and of course: Paul. Take care and stay healthy -- Flynn, Atahualpa developer, Sep 2021

Wordpress Themes - WP Forum at BFA » WordPress Themes » ThemeFrame Presales »

[SOLVED] non-profit discount?

Old Apr 8, 2011, 12:33 PM
ttrexster

2 posts · Apr 2011
Hi folks,

I am newly the rabbi of a synagogue that has never had a rabbi. A very tiny place! They are far from web-savvy (they can't understand why I don't have an @aol.com address) and I need to make us a website. I have downloaded Atahualpa and would like to mess around with it but really don't know what I'm doing, so ThemeFrame looks like a good tool. Here's the problem: they can't even afford to pay me, which means I can't afford to pay much to anyone! Especially since I'm concerned I won't be able to use the tool advantageously, I'm very concerned about paying what I realize is not so much money but significantly more than I/we can afford right now. Long story short: can you offer a discount to a non-profit org?

Thanks in advance,
MC
Old Apr 9, 2011, 08:27 AM
lmilesw

10,176 posts · Jul 2009
Central New York State USA
How much web development work or websites have you built? I ask this because even Themeframe will require some level of knowledge in this area. While you could just change some colors and sizes quite easily that can be done with a variety of free themes. Even the default TwentyTen theme gives you header and color choices and I think there is even a plugin to let you have a rotating header. You are just limited in layout possibilities.

I say this not to discourage you from Themeframe but to make it clear what it is. Flynn has said that Themeframe offers detailed customization and is geared toward creating more fine tuned and ambitioned Themes.

If you want to have the most control IMHO just use Atahualpa for now. It may take awhile to wrap your head around (I had that issue initially) but gives you more configurability than any other free or paid for theme out there. It is well documented within the theme options and you have this forum to help you.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 10:32 PM
ttrexster

2 posts · Apr 2011
lmilesw--

Thanks for the info and suggestions. I think you're right that Atahualpa is the way to go for now. As you say, I think there's much more in there than I'd ever be able to use anyway.

Thanks again.